Friday, March 24, 2017

A Little About Me

I am what is known as a "cradle Catholic" -- but I was not raised in a traditional Catholic home.  My mom was a convert and my father was a Christmas/Easter person.  We attended Mass regularly until I was about 9 or 10, and then it was hit and miss. They did have the good sense to send me to Catholic school. The school was full when they tried to register me in 1st grade, but by 7th there was a place for me.  I attended through graduation. It is there where I really began my relationship with God.

My faith has ebbed and flowed over the years, each time growing deeper and deeper. I have to say I am not the same Catholic I was 20-30-40 years ago. And yet, I feel like I am still an infant on my faith journey. And it is that journey I am excited to share with you.

I am by no way an expert, and definitely do not have all the answers.  I may struggle with today's social issues at times, but I am willing to learn and grow.  This I do know, God is at our side our whole life, no matter if we acknowledge him or not.  His Graces are always there for the receiving, we just need to open our hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Child of God

You may know the story of Zacchaeus.  He was a tax collector, considered a sinner because of his job.  Tax collectors were known to cheat pe...