Saturday, March 25, 2017

Yes!

Today we celebrate Mary's yes!  What a beautiful sight it must have been.  All of creation held its breath waiting for her answer.

I ponder on her yes, what does it mean, what am I to learn from it. It is more than just a story, as with all the Gospels, it is alive. Mary did not hesitate, she did not have to think on it. Would the same happen today? Today Mary would not be mocked for being pregnant without a husband , she would be mocked at her unflinching faith in God.

This is what Mary's yes should mean to me, the demonstration of deep, deep faith in God through our actions. She accepted God's plan and did not yell it from the roof top - she accepted it and quietly trusted God.

I have always marveled at her strength. I pray that I could live up to even a fracture of her faith. I pray that I can say yes to God no matter what he is asking of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Child of God

You may know the story of Zacchaeus.  He was a tax collector, considered a sinner because of his job.  Tax collectors were known to cheat pe...