Thursday, January 10, 2019

A Year Acceptable to the Lord

I use to be someone who always made New Years Resolutions, and like most, I usually have broken them by mid January.  Then I went a few years with not doing anything, and now I much rather set goals.  My Spiritual Director asked me last week, where did I want myself and my faith to be at the end of 2019.  I thought about it and then said “I would like to be a published author and I would like to be bolder in my faith.”

I currently have 2 projects in the works - a children’s book and a devotional/advent calendar combo for the next Advent season.   More info on the both to come.  But what I wanted to look at is my goal at being bolder in my faith.

I had not really thought about it, but the words came tumbling out of my mouth when I answered Sister’s question.  This leads me to think, that the goal was not necessarily my goal,  but the Lord’s goal for me.

I have always been very open with my Catholic faith, but not one who really shared my deepest faith with but a few friends.  Not that I want to be in anyone’s face, but perhaps I should take the opportunity when presented to share my deep love of the Lord with others.

So, with that in mind, last week I had seen someone I am acquainted with on social media share a link about an article of nuns being sexually abused and her commentary on how the Catholic Church should close their doors and we Catholic should “wake up.” I rolled my eyes and moved on, then stopped and went back to the post.  I set it down for a little while, then decided I needed to respond.  My response was “I refuse to allow the sins of some, keep me away from the true presence of Christ in the Eucharist.”  I didn’t see any instant replies to my comment and let it go.  A few days later I went back to see if anyone added any comments to find this “friend” had un-friended me.  Honestly, it made me laugh.  Perhaps a few years ago this may have discouraged me, but not anymore.  For me it was a sign, yes, this is the direction the Lord wants me to go, and I am following it.  For I have learned when I have been on the Lord’s path, evil has tried to shut me down.  I only feel bad that evil used this person to try to move me away from my Lord.

What goals do you have for your faith? What would be a year acceptable to the Lord in your life look like? Pray on it, ask the Holy Spirit to show you where the Lord wants you to grow. And join me on an adventure this year as we travel the Lord’s path.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Child of God

You may know the story of Zacchaeus.  He was a tax collector, considered a sinner because of his job.  Tax collectors were known to cheat pe...