Monday, May 14, 2018

My Apologies

You may have noticed that I have not post in a while.  Since my last post, I have had 2 eye surgeries and 1 eye procedure which has left it hard for me to read and work on the computer.  In fact at one point the doctor had ordered that I do not read for almost a week. Yikes! That was really hard.  All is good now, and I am healing well.

All of these issues with my health has caused me stress
in my prayer life.  Now, don't get me wrong, I have been praying, just not in my regular routine way.  This has happen to me before and each time, as I began to return to my regular prayer life, I have found it changed - deepened and stronger.  The Father likes to work on us when our lives are all up in the air.  He likes to challenge us to grow in these times.  This may be easy, or it may be very difficult -- all based on how much we fight the change.

For me, I feel called to grow my prayer life - and to change it up.  I am feeling that I need to alter my prayer focus from prayers for my needs and the needs of those immediately around me - to ones that are more global.  To really challenge me to pray for those in this world who fight against the love of the Father and who's eyes have not been opened to His mercy.  What will that looks like?  I don't know, I feel like it's all under construction.  I am excited for the dust to settle and see what the Father has in store for me.   I know one thing - it will be all about His love. 

Now, if you are one of my friends or family - never fear - you will still be in my prayers.

I am looking forward to sharing with you this journey and hope you will find it also challenging to your prayer life.  Perhaps it's time for you too to put on the hard hat and do some renovation in your relationship with the Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Child of God

You may know the story of Zacchaeus.  He was a tax collector, considered a sinner because of his job.  Tax collectors were known to cheat pe...