Friday, June 15, 2018

Waiting on God

I know I've heard many times - God's timing is not our timing; and that all things will comes as he ordains it.  That is all well and good, but it does not make the waiting any easier.  I will admit it - I can be a very impatient person, and waiting for God's time has me drumming my fingers.

Lately I've been reading a lot about St. Therese and St. Faustina and their desires of an early death, not wanting to remain in this world, but to quickly move into the next. to be even closer to the Lord.  This has been laying heavy on my mind and I have found myself also praying for God's deliverance.  I so look forward to standing before the Lord and have felt my time here on earth may be just biding my time to return home.

All this being said, a few weeks ago, while in Adoration, I was gently reminded that I am already in the presence of the Lord. (It's that tap of the Holy 2x4 to the forehead I like to refer to - "Hello Theresa - wake up - I'm talking to you.")  For God is in the essence of everything around me - everything I see, eat, feel, hear; God is already there.  He is also in every person who cross my path - whether in person, on the phone, or in the digital media.  He is there - He is with me - He is with all of us.  And even though I many not physically see that I am standing before the Throne of God - I am - actually, we all are.

God is a loving father - he would never leave us here alone to navigate these trouble waters.  And being here on earth is defiantly not a waste of time, but an opportunity to do his will.  We all have a (or more) mission(s) - and we may not even have a clue as to what that mission is - and that is okay; for if we continue to follow the path set before us - the Holy Spirit will lead us to it and help us to accomplish the task set before us.

So, does this help with my impatience - somewhat - I keep laughingly telling my husband - that God keeps giving me "opportunities" to practice being patient. It is truly a work in process.

Does the realization that God is constantly with us in everything we do, say, pray; give me any comfort -- that would be a definite YES.  I find I look at the world with different eyes since that day in the chapel of my Church.  And I am finding that if the Father can be in the smallest of details of nature - than I certainly can let go of my wants for the future and trust in his timing, no matter how long that would be - with no finger drumming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Child of God

You may know the story of Zacchaeus.  He was a tax collector, considered a sinner because of his job.  Tax collectors were known to cheat pe...